Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Progress...

Bumper's Done! Lizard Skin Rounds 1 & 2 Are Done!

Alright! I got the bumper finished and mounted. It looks pretty good if I do say so myself. I need to do something with the gap and I need to tidy up the tow harness and and license plate lights. I'll also drill a new set of holes on the shackle hitch to get it recessed further into the receiver.


I got the first and second coat of Lizard Skin Sound Control on the interior. It isn't perfect, but it should still make a noticeable difference in the noise.



I also finished my Kryptek Typhon camo headliner. I need to do some glue touch up in a couple of spots, but it should work out well. I plan to use the same pattern in a vinyl wrap applied to the top of the dash and on some trim pieces. A company even sells custom fitted seat covers in the same pattern. I don't know if I'll go that far, we'll see.


Up next will be two coats of the Lizard Skin Ceramic Insulation which is designed to reduce sound into the cab. Some pretty cool stuff! Check it out...



After that has cured, I'll apply the Lizard Skin Topcoat on the floor boards and start reinstalling my interior. I hope to have it done Friday evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Patagonia's Work Great!

I Took the New Shoes out for a Spin I did an impromptu run up into the Sierra's with the new wheels and tires. The 2" additional...